Extending Requirements: a Practical Workshop
This workshop gives you ways of taking your projects to a higher level of requirements excellence. The last five years have seen considerable improvements in the techniques and processes we use to gather and communicate requirements.
Our "Volere" requirements template has been used by a wide variety of organisations all over the world. The successful application of things like modelling, requirements templates, fit criteria, quality gateway, etc. have highlighted other areas where we need to improve our requirements skills.
We show you ways of choosing the best set of requirements to give you a competitive edge and still get your product to market on time.
A good requirements engineer has the skill of helping a wide variety of people communicate with each other.
The project sociology structure in this seminar helps you to discover the correct stakeholders for your project.
Then we give you proven techniques for helping them to be involved in the appropriate parts of the project and even more importantly to stay involved throughout.
Participants will receive a copy of the book "Requirements-Led Project Management: Discovering David's Slingshot" by Suzanne and James Robertson.
What you will learn
- Ways to select the lightest requirements process that will work for your project
- Approaches to prioritising requirements and managing multi-component solutions
- Techniques for building and maintaining good stakeholder relationships
- How to tell the cost of a requirement
- Techniques for choosing appropriate levels and groupings of requirements
- Extreme Requirements
- Project Sociology
- Requirements Levels and Views
- Using Stories in Requirements
- How Much Will a Requirement Cost Me?
- Meta Management and Multi-Technology
- Requirements for Existing Systems
- A Skinny Framework