Successful Data Mining
You've heard about how data mining is helping organizations increase revenues, cut costs, and maximize the value of their data warehouses - and you're ready to take advantage of those benefits yourself. Data mining helps you accomplish these goals by discovering predictive patterns and relationships in your data.
Data mining provides the engine that powers successful customer relationship management (CRM) applications in both the traditional and e-commerce realms.
The sheer volume of customer information and increasingly complex interactions with customers have made data mining a necessity.
Data mining helps select the right prospects on whom to focus, offer the right additional products to existing customers, and identify good customers who may be about to leave.
What you need is REAL-WORLD guidance, not theoretical discussions. You need advice that's UNBIASED, not slanted toward one particular vendor's software.
What you will learn
This two-day seminar will give you the skills you need to use data mining optimally in making business decisions. The course emphasizes the PRACTICAL application of data mining.
Rather than just telling you how wonderful data mining is, you will participate in solving problems using data mining. Over 40% of the class time is spent in working together to analyze selected sample data sets.
In the process of analyzing the data sets, you will learn how to:
- Identify appropriate problems for data mining
- Analyze and transform the data
- Build simple and two stage models
- Use a variety of techniques including decision trees and neural nets to build accurate predictive models
- Evaluate the quality of your models
- Select the appropriate data mining tools for your applications
- overview of data mining
- identifying the business problem
- preparing the data for mining
- building the model
- model types and algorithms
- mining e-commerce data
- data mining product selection