This is a quick start course in software testing for people just getting into the field, or for people who just need a refresher course or validation for their current testing techniques. This is a practical hands-on seminar to cover the critical path of testing. You will learn the terminology, process, and challenges of testing in the real world. As a result of attending this seminar, you should have a good working knowledge of software testing and what it takes to design and conduct an effective test of software, regardless of the technology.
Basic Training in Software Testing will help you become more comfortable and confident in testing software applications at just about any level of detail: unit, integration, system, and user acceptance. You will emerge from this one-day session knowing how to develop test cases and test plans. You will also leave with a knowledge of how tools can help you perform testing.
Sometimes people feel intimidated by the technical aspects of software testing and lack the confidence they need to be credible test leaders in their organization. Learn the issues and processes for effectively testing software by attending this hands-on course.
What you will learn
- Learn how to find costly and embarrassing problems before your customers find them
- Understand the key issues in testing software applications
- Learn how to design tests that adequately cover requirements and Business events
- Get the most out of your existing investment in testing and how to leverage that investment
- Advance your career by reinforcing your testing expertise
- Surviving The Top 10 Challenges of Software Testing
- The Economics of Testing
- Basic Test Planning
- The Test Planning Process
- Test Case Development
- Test Execution Strategies
- Regression Testing
- Test Evaluation and Reporting