Eoghan Casey is founding partner of cmdLabs, author of the foundational book Digital Evidence and Computer Crime, and coauthor of Malware Forensics. For over a decade, he has dedicated himself to advancing the practice of incident handling and digital forensics. He helps client organizations handle security breaches and analyzes digital evidence in a wide range of investigations, including network intrusions with international scope. He has testified in civil and criminal cases, and has submitted expert reports and prepared trial exhibits for computer forensic and cyber-crime cases.
As a Director of Digital Forensics and Investigations at Stroz Friedberg, he maintained an active docket of cases and co-managed the firm’s technical operations in the areas of computer forensics, cyber-crime response, incident handling, and electronic discovery. He also spearheaded Stroz Friedberg's external and in-house forensic training programs as Director of Training. Eoghan has performed thousands of forensic acquisitions and examinations, including Windows and UNIX systems, Enterprise servers, smart phones, cell phones, network logs, backup tapes, and database systems. He also has extensive information security experience, as an Information Security Officer at Yale University and in subsequent consulting work. He has performed vulnerability assessments, deployed and maintained intrusion detection systems, firewalls and public key infrastructures, and developed policies, procedures, and educational programs for a variety of organizations.
Eoghan holds a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from the University of California at Berkeley, and an M.A. in Educational Communication and Technology from New York University. He conducts research and teaches graduate students at Johns Hopkins University Information Security Institute, and is Editor-in-Chief of Digital Investigation: The International Journal of Digital Forensics and Incident Response.
Past events by this speaker
- From 06/16/11 to 06/17/11 - Network Forensics Workshop
- From 06/13/11 to 06/15/11 - Computer Forensics Workshop
- From 11/25/08 to 11/28/08 - Network Investigations and Incident Response
- From 11/24/08 to 11/24/08 - Compliance and Audit: Managerial and Legal Issues of Handling Security
- From 11/22/07 to 11/23/07 - Network Investigations and Incident Response
- From 11/20/07 to 11/21/07 - Digital Forensics for Data Breaches Investigations
- From 11/19/07 to 11/19/07 - Compliance and Audit: Managerial and Legal Aspects of Data Breach
- From 11/19/07 to 11/19/07 - Compliance and Audit: Managerial and Legal Issues of Handling Security
- From 12/18/06 to 12/20/06 - Network Investigations
- From 10/19/05 to 05/31/05 - Network Investigations
- From 11/29/04 to 11/30/04 - Network Investigations
- From 03/18/04 to 03/19/04 - Digital Forensic Investigations and Incident Response
- From 03/27/03 to 03/28/03 - Digital Forensic Investigations and Incident Response
- From 03/24/03 to 03/26/03 - Advanced Network Penetration Testing Methodology